The Wold Foundation was incorporated in the state of Wyoming on December 2, 1985 by John S. Wold and members of the Wold family. Currently, the Foundation limits its grants to IRS-approved, tax exempt organizations now conducting or seeking to create worthy projects benefiting our society and mankind.
Primary Areas of Interest
The Wold Foundation:
- Believes in building a stronger, healthier society and economic environment by supporting institutions and programs that endeavor to preserve traditional values and promote free enterprise and constructive public policy dialog;
- Has an ongoing interest in the growth and development of independent schools and private colleges;
- Believes in human-service organizations and youth programs that are aimed at helping people help themselves, realize their potential and lead productive lives;
- Continues to believe that cultural activities of a community are important;
- Encourages health programs that are preventive in nature, promote wellness and / or can demonstrate a reduction in health care costs;
- Will support preservation of historic sites and buildings where there is evidence that the facility will be used by a variety of community based organizations;
- Views conservation and outdoor recreation as supportive of its interest in health, education, leadership training and youth services;
- Encourages scientific endeavors that are aimed at improving the quality of life and that encourage conservation and the wise use of natural resources;
- Will promote youth programs that help develop mental and physical well-being, develop life skills necessary for productive adulthood, and encourage self confidence and self-reliance;
- Looks favorably upon projects and programs conducted by and for the benefit of Wyoming citizens and particularly Wyoming Youth;
Will, from time to time, initiate programs of special interest to the Trustees.
The Foundation welcomes Applications for Grant requests throughout the year; however, they must be on the provided form. The Foundation limits its grants to IRS-approved, tax exempt organizations now conducting or seeking to create worthy projects benefiting our society and mankind.